What is Passwordless Authentication?
We're excited to announce that TodayTix is now using passwordless authentication for a simpler, more secure login experience.
Why Passwordless Authentication?
Passwordless login reduces the risk of password-related vulnerabilities by ensuring that only individuals with access to the account email address can log into their TodayTix account. Plus, it means one less password to remember in this digital age.
How do I login?
Instead of entering a password, you'll receive a magic link in your inbox that instantly logs you into your TodayTix account upon clicking. Here's how to use it:
- Access Your Account:
In the TodayTix app, click on "Account." On the website, click the person icon and select "Log In."
- Choose Your Login Method:
You'll see options to log in with Google, Apple, or your email address. If you're signing up for the first time, an account will be created upon selecting one of these options. Choose your preferred method.
After selecting your login method, you'll receive a confirmation that a magic link has been sent to your inbox.
- Access Your Inbox:
Head to the inbox associated with your chosen login method.
- Login with the Magic Link:
Open the email containing your passwordless login link and click "Login Now."
- You're In!
The TodayTix app or website will reload, and you'll be logged into your account seamlessly.
I can't login. How can I troubleshoot the problem?
- Ensure you open the email and click the link from the device you intend to log use TodayTix on.
- If attempting to log into the app, please open the email on your phone rather than your computer
- The link is only valid for 15 minutes. If it's been longer than 15 minutes since your initial log-in attempt, kindly request a new link by entering your email again.
- Chrome is the best browser to open the link automatically. If other browsers do not present an option to open the link in the app, try setting Chrome as the default browser.
- Go to "Settings > Apps > Chrome > Set as default" and select Chrome as the default. Then, try opening the link again from the email.
- Ensure that the "Open supported links" setting is on for our app. Go to "Settings > Apps > TodayTix > Set as default" and make sure “Open supported links” is enabled.
- Ensure that you’re not using private browsing in Safari.
- When the link opens in Safari, select "Open app." This will open the app but not log you in.
- Return to the email. Click the link again, and you should be taken directly into the app.
- Click the "Login Now" button for 5 seconds. A menu will appear, allowing you to select "Open in app." After doing this once, you should not have to repeat the process.